Friday, January 10, 2003

I'm glad I was able to start this prior to the new year.

I went to the American Historical Association meeting in Chicago last week. Had to get out of here early to beat the storm out so we could catch the flight the next day. Haven't driven on an snow or ice since I flipped an Explorer end over end a few years ago (I'm a living poster for air bags) so I think I've suffiiciently conquered that fear without becoming overconfident. Luckily, my Cox internet connection makes it possible to get more work done at home than anywhere else.

It was a great meeting all the way around - great company and lots of good ideas which I will eventually share here.

Dealing with two large airports on a end-of-holiday Sunday was more than I expected so was still worn out Monday and part of Tuesday. Did get some collaboration done on the online governmnent class on Monday, though. Tuesday I tried to catch up around the house and headed to the farm. Once I got there, I discovered I had neglected to pick up the computer but maybe it gave me a needed relax break - since I was busy reading, etc. and not getting as much eye strain from the computer screen. Will go get it today.

My home town is 45 minutes away. Finally had my Christmas lunch with my high school buddy - we trade some interesting stories with our contrasting lives - she's a stay at home mom with 4 wonderful kids. She, too, survived a much more disastrous wreck five years ago (Paramedics left her for dead for 45 minutes as they worked on other accident victims) so we both have a lot to be thankful for. We had our 20th high school reunion in October and were both glad that high school was NOT the highlight of our lives.

Am heading back that way to celebrate my mom's birthday with the family.

School starts next week and although the actual on-campus schedule will be more flexible, I still have a lot to do. But I plan to do more invigorating work rather than the frustrating, mind-crashing work I've had to have central to my life the last year.

The AHA meeting was a great refresher as I met online and other assorted colleagues.

I need to get some work done now that I'm finally back on the fast connection. Will post more in a shorter time lapse than last time.

Happy New Year!!!!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]