Saturday, April 19, 2003

More from Scrappleface:

U.S. Finds Saddam, Restores Him to Presidency

(2003-04-18) -- U.S. Special Operations forces found Saddam Hussein alive late today. On orders from the White House, they drove him to his palace and restored him to the presidency.

This should come as welcome news to the thousands of Islamic Iraqis who took to the streets after prayer meetings shouting that the U.S. should get out of Iraq.

"We were going to put Saddam on trial," said President George Bush. "But these folks deserve to have him back. We'll just take our hard-earned oil now, and go home."
Posted by Scott Ott | Donate via PayPal | TrackBack | Comments (11) | More News Satire | x

------------------------

I think things have settled down a bit so I can get back to getting some actual work done. Someone asked last night at Beaver Kings about the obstructionist leaving and I was praised for not saying anything. It was quite surprising because either this person was putting on a really good act or really didn't know any possibilities. He did point out something interesting I hadn't thought of - I'm not an obvious "cause" since I've been around 10 years. I quietly told our "leader" later when the conversation was focused on someone else that we finally had a chair she couldn't tell what to do and he quite agreed. She's going to work in the same building as the first questioner's wife so there's no telling what will leak out later. Oh well. The students are much better off - or at least the students in our department. I still don't think she thought she would have to follow through on her threat.

It's a little rainy today but am going to give the farmer's market a try since it opens up this morning. The satellite tech made it to the farm yesterday and, as I thought, Ron had it perfectly aligned. I have a bad transmitter. So the tech left me one that he doesn't have an install date for yet and will try to get me one on ebay since they cost $265 new from Starband. Wish me luck. He also knows networking in the house so once I decide to set one up, he will be a big help because he's closer. I can still buy the stuff from the guy here in town but not have to pay as much to have it installed.

Will have to talk to the security company - a $365 bill popped up for something I thought was part of their service. If nothing else, they should have told me at the time they'd have to charge for it. I may hold that bill hostage until they finish taking care of all the screens they didn't bring back and claim they don't have despite the fact that no other screens except those to be wired for security ever left the house. Will talk to the builder on Monday - didn't want to bother him late on a Friday.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]