Monday, May 05, 2003

Apparently the local news was on most of the evening. (I was watching Six Feet Under.) They didn't know how many tornadoes touched down. But this morning I notice we made the New York Times because of the wide swath of storms through Missouri and Kansas. They even shut down the KCI airport for awhile. It came pretty suddenly and reminded people why they have to take these storms seriously. It's too bad several older people around here were killed on their way to shelter and/or their basement. Apparently much of Carl Junction, Missouri, was hit and they won't have school for a few days. I'm glad I stayed out of the path.

Like after any storm, it's a beautiful morning. The attic fan was great for sleeping and the house smells fresh. I will get some swimming in before I head back to town. I reviewed the FolioLive book and may show up for a minute at the workshop but all these meetings about departmental matters has me worn out AND I have spent quite a few hours on the portfolio generation over the last year -I was going to go make an appearance but will see how the morning goes.

My teaching class meets for their "cooperative learning" lesson. We go to a nearby restaurant/bar for lunch and then I leave and they can hang out for awhile. During student teaching next fall, they will be divided by geographical area rather than subject area and won't necessarily be around each other much. All of them have earned As and will be happy campers.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]