Tuesday, May 20, 2003

Today reminded me why I'm in history education in the first place! Had a great meeting with a local assistant superintendent and several history teachers about partnering on a Teaching Traditional American History grant. They really like the idea suggested by another area teacher - to include a master's degree in their 3-year plan. We can do. Some of my ivory tower colleagues will have to look outside the ivory tower but I do have the support of my chair who knows I'm the expert on teacher education. As my older female colleague said - remember we hired you to do teacher education, not to sit in your office . . .

It's a great day to be alive - and wonderfully cool May weather at the farm.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]