Sunday, May 25, 2003

Went to my folks house yesterday afternoon to go with my Uncle Bill to bless Sam's latest house in Springfield. We had a great meal at Bijan's - as usual.

Today I came out to the farm after stopping at Palucca's to pick up pecorino cheese, grated imported parmesan, olive oil, pasta, and tomatoes in a box. Also picked up some imported marinara sauce to try.

Went to farmer's markets in Pittsburg and Carthage yesterday and picked up some wonderful strawberries. My experiment with the mushroom box is going well and I sauteed them in olive oil and garlic tonight. Also added a beef bullion cube to add a little more flavor - I have to overdo the flavor on almost everything to satisfy my taste buds.

I made a decent dent on the No Child Left Behind encyclopedia - and I'm learning more about it in the process which is a good thing.

I worked on the weeds this afternoon and took Shadow on a walk down the driveway. The sunset is great across the wheat field.

Tomorrow I"ll finish the NCLB entry and make some progress on the final version of the draft - made a good start this morning - if I say I only have write a few pages at a time, it goes much better.

I saw a good quote somewhere yesterday:

Did you come here to get answers or to get an education????? That will be a nice response to the students who are always trying to figure out the easiest way to the "right answer" - instead of the being more interested in the learning process.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]