Saturday, May 31, 2003

Yesterday was very productive as far as getting people together to work on projects. It was also a day that emphasized the positive aspects of my chosen career path and the resulting friendships and collegial networks. I also took time to mow the lawn. :}

Today I've worked more on course preparation and also went to the farmer's market. They had asparagus - I will use the pasta recipie I found in Cook's Illustrated tonight - and blueberries are just starting to come into season. The farmer I like best will have blackberries again in about a month. I also picked up lettuce, radishes, broccoli, and cauliflower. Now to get the rest of the weeds out of my garden. At least it's not as daunting as out here at the farm.

Spent Tuesday heading to Kansas City and spent most of the day Wednesday and part of the day Thursday at
the National Archives branch there. The people were wonderful and I found out there is a lot of very interesting information in the Penitentiary Records there.

I also had a chance to catch up with an old friend. Didn't realize we were staying right next to the hottest meat market in town. You never know what research will bring to you......

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]