Monday, July 14, 2003

I'm at the U of Louisville and had a great day researching
the Stryker papers. I just made it through one box of correspondence but it's been very interesting. Will be back all day tomorrow. I didn't realize there was so much involved in good photography. I've especially enjoyed reading Dorothea Lange's letters - first she wasn't getting expenses approved and then she's not doing any work because they aren't giving her money fast enough. Another photogrpaher doesn't stay in one place long enough for them to get letters or even telegrams to him. There is some interesting commentary on segregation in the South, too.

I"m off to a mall to find a Chik-Fil-A and to walk around a bit. I did quite a bit of driving yesterday. We started off in Paducah and then I dropped Judy off in Bowling Green and then headed north.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]