Tuesday, July 22, 2003

Tuesday

I finished one part of the Houghton Mifflin project - didn't expect to - but it's a good thing. Boy, that phrase has taken on a whole new meaning in the last few months. The Greenbush server isn't quite ready for me to work with so I will have to try that again tomorrow.

I also worked on the weedeating and cleaned out the gutters - the
Stihl blower is just a bit more strenuous when you're trying to work over your head. I think I successfully evaded the poison ivy this time - I put on rubber gloves underneath the leather and put on some ivy block beforehand.

But I am going to have to work on the front porch - the storage room underneath it is leaking again - we thought we fixed that but heavy coats of weatherproofing every few months is not going to be fun.

The wasps are really coming out but have not rediscovered the covered deck yet, thank goodness.

I spent time this morning preparing a salad and scooping out a watermelon. I eat better food if I take time to do that - otherwise it sits unprepared in the refrigerator.

We had quite a storm last night - the dog was even scared. The driveway announcer didn't go off - it usually does from lightning - so I'll have to check that to see if the packrats have gotten to it again. I forgot to set the alarm and thought I heard voices outside in the middle of the storm so quickly got up and set it. Hopefully I was just hearing things - or the alarm man's voice scared them off. In either case, I will do better on that.

I need to relax a bit. I'll go back to town tomorrow and go by the farmer's market. Was going to try the one in Parsons today but didn't want to get "dressed for company" (makeup, etc.) so I just stayed here - I was also going great guns on my work and hated to stop right then anyway. I may actually get caught up.

Mom is thinking of going to the cooking classes withe me on the trip next month! Yeah!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]