Sunday, September 21, 2003

NGA|Jackson Pollock|artist 1

NGA|Jackson Pollock|artist 1 I'm watching a movie on Bravo about Jackson Pollock - portrayed brilliantly by Ed Harris with Marcia Gay Harden as his wife and Amy Madigan as Mrs. Guggenheim. One of the many great things about the internet - I knew I had heard the name but didn't know much about him - I googled his name and found a National Gallery of Art slide show about him. As with many geniuses, he was very troubled. The slide show includes some Quicktime video of his artistic process and his talking about his work. It is also interesting to see how it changed over time until he made his painting his own. I also learned of his connection to Missourian Thomas Hart Benton.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]