Wednesday, December 17, 2003

chicken

Yesterday evening, I decided I was hungry for our local food favorite: fried chicken. I picked up a friend and we started our journey. A journey, you say? Well, with all the road construction (also dubbed "the super-two to nowhere" - except the state line), we were on back and windy country roads. Most of this part of the world is on a grid system in the backwoods so it's very easy to backtrack. However, we were in the midst of all the old small coal-mining communities. I will have to go drive those roads during the day but we enjoyed the twists and turns among the occasional snowbanks that were still left. And, finally, we saw the sign for the competititon pointing us back a ways. The competition.....well, there are two chicken places literally side by side. Usually I have the German potato salad, the spaghetti, and the applesauce but last night decided to have slaw, spaghetti, and mashed potatoes and gravy instead - great comfort food. Now I definitely have to get to the Y today!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]