Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Various

I'm busy working on two different Teaching American History grants - one that is my idea that builds on what we're already trying to do - and another that I was asked to rewrite that almost made it last year. It's been fun but the deadline is imminent - March 2.

I'm using a blog in my Techniques class - it's glitchy so far but I think that has more to do with not having the class for almost the first month of school (Enrollment, MLK, Jr Day, snow & ice). We'll see how it goes.

Our alumni from Olathe came down on Monday -despite the fact that he's leaving for duty within a week and is getting married on Saturday. The students always enjoy him and learn a great deal. He has an entirely different take on teaching at that level than I did and is much more successful so it's great to see them learn from his knowledge and experience.

I'd better get back to work. I'm going to see a student teacher in Chanute this afternoon and then visit with a teacher there about these grants.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]