Tuesday, March 30, 2004

ScrappleFace: Rice Withholding Testimony for Her Own Book

ScrappleFace: Rice Withholding Testimony for Her Own Book: "Rice Withholding Testimony for Her Own Book
(2004-03-29) -- U.S. National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice said today that she doesn't want to testify before the commission investigating the 9/11 terror attacks because she's witholding 'insider information' for her own book to be released when her government career is over.
'Richard Clarke's book is flying off the shelves because people think he has some secret information about the Bush administration,' said Ms. Rice. 'In contrast with Mr. Clarke, I have actually had meetings with the president. I'd like to cash a few royalty checks myself, so I'm going to avoid spilling my guts for free on the public airwaves if I can.'
Ms. Rice added, 'For now, I think I'll just start spinning--you know, saying things I don't believe--since that seems to be the prerequisite for garnering credibility in this genre.'"

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]