Monday, March 15, 2004

SXSW continued

Went to some good sessions on CSS and interface design today. Am now in Liz Lawley's panel session.

This morning I ventured out in the dreary morning (thank goodness it wasn't raining this time) to check out the Driskill Hotel . I had a great breakfast - the blueberry pecan waffle was even in the shape of the state of Texas. Too bad I didn't have my camera with me. It was really good. I then walked through the hotel - it was buit by a cattle baron almost 150 years ago and it does give you a great feeling of going back in time. I actually feel like I've been in Texas now and not just a big hotel. I'm staying at the newly built Hilton that has a great design but it is still a new "feel".

I took off in a cab for lunch and ended up at a different spot that the cab driver recommended: Gueros. Besides all the great salsas, I had an out of this world mole sauce on a chicken enchilada and then a pork taco with cheese and guacamole. Along with my Dr. Pepper, of course. Am going to some free parties tonight - including "nuclear taco".

Lots of neat people here but I will be ready to go home tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]