Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Travel to Boston

I'm at the Springfield airport using their free wi-fi (I usually am on the smaller flights that are on the other level without wifi). It was much nicer than two weeks ago when I had to wait in the security line almost 30 minutes- primarily because of yAhoos that didn't get all their stuff ready to go prior to hitting the actual security screener (machines and people). Sheesh -but they were special and it was more important to conduct what I would think their co-workers and bosses would consider to be private business - on their phones and make the rest of us wait.

Another interesting thing about transportation - I was on the two-lane coming here becuase of roadwork on the interstate and watched a truck go over on a hill OVER the double-yellow-line. But the driver in front of him can at least been seen as contributing to the problem when he's driving 50 on a 65 when everyone else is going at least 70. He was a little old guy with his wife in a little bitty truck busy leisurely smoking. I've also seen more and more older people that have trouble just driving busy on their cell phones. A few months ago I was behind a guy not even going 40 on a 65 because he couldn't dial his phone. I just wanted away from him! So, everyday we survive something. Maybe public transportation in larger cities is much safer.

I've never really been concerned about being on an airplane and I've been on all sizes of aircraft. I like having enough room to sit down and stretch a bit. I'm a little disappointed because I didn't find out until after I booked this flight that American is using more smaller aircraft from their hub in St. Louis. The whole point in getting on a small plane in Springfield or Joplin is to then get on a big plane. Will have to start looking at Kansas City and Tulsa more. But, once I figure it out, they'll probably change it.

It's going to be 20 degrees cooler in Boston - I wish it would snow while I'm there but I think I'll have to settle for rain.
Oh well. I will really looking forward to seeing friends and already have at least one meeting set up with a publisher. This flight is about 20 minutes behind but hopefully I will still have time to navigate O'Hare. Boston here I come! I hope to make it over to check out the Boston Pulic Library since it's supposed to be near Copley Place.

I'll be waving a Matt when I go through Chicago . . .

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]