Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Tuesday night

The lawn has been mowed for the first time this season - I think this is a record for the earliest - during spring break. I also worked in the garden a bit. I've planted some onions, potatoes, broccoli, garlic, and lettuce seed. have never planted broccoli, potatoes, or garlic before so we'll see how it goes. I was always behind last year so now I'm trying to get really ahead. Time will tell.

Have worked on catching up on grading and evaluations for 479 and 579. I have some files that are locked up so I will have to get to that when I get back. It's too late in the evening to solve a computer error.

Last night I talked to Paula and finalized our assessment proposal. I sent it to several publishers this morning and this afternoon and we already have had two responses. Apparently, Scholarly Resources has been split and sold into two pieces. Richard and Matt were great - hope they land on their feet - they're one of the classiest acts out there. It would have definitely fit some of their interests. We'll see if anyone else follows up tomorrow. Otherwise, we'll go from there. It took us two years to really get started on @history for Houghton Mifflin and the technology opportunity window just isn't that big anymore. Am working on some other blogging ideas.

I discovered that Muzzy Lane Software will be there. I have sent an email and hope to get to talk to them. They're doing some great work with historical simulations.

I spent some time on campus today - it's so quiet during spring break. I was in the library talking to JoAnne and she mentioned some vendors she's talk to at Kan-Ed. I've tried to follow up with two of them that are doing history-related work.

I'll leave tomorrow for Boston for the OAH meeting. Am looking forward to seeing friends and some great seafood. I'll head out to the National Archives Thursday morning.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]