Sunday, August 29, 2004

The Little Professor: Research at a non-research institution, part one

The Little Professor: Research at a non-research institution, part one

The LP's article is interesting at a time I am going up for promotion. My work in technology and the teaching of history will count. I'm still working on getting the dissertation published although the last review had one reviewer recommending publication. But, it's on the back burner with everything I'm doing with Teaching American History grants - a once in a lifetime opportunity. But writing 1.5 million dollars in grants should have a positive effect. All of that balances out all of my time working on the rambunctious nature of teacher education both nationally and in Kansas over the last 3 to 5 years.

This is something we need to talk about - "the book". I recently told a colleague at a nearby institution in another state that his role as faculty senate president - while admirable and time-consuming - was similar to what I do almost every _year_ with teacher education. I think he understood. Teaching is dynamic and not using the same notes every semester so our 4-4 load is also a contributor to not doing all the publishing.

This blow, however, was an attempt to do more daily writing and reflecting and I had better get back to it!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]