Sunday, October 17, 2004

Maple Leaf Festival

Yesterday was Carthage's annual Maple Leaf Festival. The weather was perfect - crisp (I almost needed another jacket besides the sweatshirt jacket I had on) and the sun was out and the leaves were at least starting to turn. Saw lots of old friends . . . and former students of all ages (from the junior high and high school and college). I was talking to a high school friend and a former college student walked by (he's a teacher there now) and my high school friend said "surely he wasn't one of your students . . . ?" and I replied, "yes, in fact, he was . . . and in college and not one of the first years I taught . . . " :-)

Also re-connected with one of my former teachers who is a Macophile - she will be especially helpful as I explore my new PowerBook . . . . We're so much alike - she was just born a few decades before me or she'd have been a college philosophy professor.

This week I get to go to Philadelphia to meet the directors of the other National Archives branches as well as the national education director. It should be informative and fun.

Tomorrow I'll be teaching about Ronald Reagan and the 1980s - the decade in which most of my students were born. The teaching class will be watching A Class Divided. - you can watch it here.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]