Sunday, December 05, 2004

Fixing Windows SP2 download snafu

A few weeks ago I downloadaed Windows SP 2 at the farm but was busy multitasking and cut it off mid-stream of installation and now Windows won't boot up. But, thanks to Google, I've located some help both on and off the Microsoft web site. I just tried botting into "last known good configuration" but it gave the same error message of a missing file. So I will probably have to go to the command line prompt option for taking off SP2. Some of the help boards state that it takes 15 to 30 minutes to get your icons back on the desktop but so far that hasn't worked (and I'm not usually patient enough to wait that long - I couldn't even leave the computer alone long enough to let it load SP2 by itself.) Anyway, am going to try the command line prompt option and see how that works. For some reason, I haven't figured out how to cut and paste URLs on this Powerbook so you don't see as many URLs when I'm posting from here. Will let you know how it goes (if anyone is reading, that is :-) )

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]