Friday, December 31, 2004

New Year's Resolutions

I'm actually ahead of schedule on this particular topic. I made a resolution on December 2 to start scheduling more personal time to keep me from being tempted to work throughout all the "blank" spaces in my schedule. Last year I began by scheduling a vacation in mid- to late-May -- whenever our semester finishes and before summer workshops start. Now I've added seeing either family or friends right after Christmas - will probably alternate so I don't overwhelm members of either group.

The rest of the trip was great. Getting to know my cousin's husband a bit better was one of the highlights - he was a history major before becoming a Navy pilot. They were the ones who lived in Pensacola after :-( I moved from there. Their three young children are growing by leaps and bounds. The snow waited to melt until last night so I felt like there has been some winter in my life this year. It was 65 degrees when I arrived back in this part of the Midwest but should cool off just in time to leave for Seattle - and it should be cold there, too. :-)

My HP package arrived here before I did but I will have to wait until tomorrow when the neighbors who picked up my mail are home. It should definitely help me get better organized this year. Was also able to go to the grocery store (wasn't sure what time they would close tonight) so I don't have to deal with that in the morning and I have fresh milk for my Ovaltine.

Other New Year's Resolutions:

Read more history
Knit more
Quilt more
Spend more time with friends
Exercise more
Take more time for me
Publish (not perish)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]