Friday, December 03, 2004

TGIF

My new vehicle is here to replace the one with 83,000 miles. I'll wait to get it when they get the bugshield and mud flaps put on - probably by Tuesday.

That's the highlight of the day. I met with student teachers who were back on campus today. One who had definite issues with his cooperating teacher called him a name that Eudora "rejected" as I was reporting my "displeasure" to the teacher education director because of the particular name that was used. They tell us that the teacher candidates' dispositions is important but I'm not sure they'd follow through. This particular person thinks they already have a job and is just biding time with us. And, I'm finally getting old enough to realize that nothing I say will change anything about him, let alone his attitude. It's very clear he has numerous preconceived ideas that basically enable him to not have to do much.

It also gets to be where (midwestern colloquialisms there) the semester just needs to be over.

One of the teacher candidates going out to student teach is already coaching at a school where one of the football stars was just killed in a car accident on the interstate - all because he wasn't wearing his seatbelt. One of the other students who survived put it best - we just don't think it will happen to us. They still don't know why they crossed the median and hit a car in the oncoming two lanes head-on . . . . And, that is a good reminder that puts some definite perspective on my day.

Next week is dead week (although my students will be taking their last regular exam Monday night) and then finals the next week.

I was invited to an interesting Christmas party by one of our grant teachers. He's also in an 80s-style rock and roll band - we are both 80-something high school graduates - although that seems like decades ago (probably because it was!!).

Third Watch was really good tonight although I can't always handle all the violence. But I miss Bosco - it was interesting finding out he is from the Kansas City area and was discovered as an extra on Mr. and Mrs. Bridge with Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward.

Tomorrow will be another day!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]