Monday, December 27, 2004

vacation progress

I've made it this far and the plane is headed this way after being de-iced. I'm on the free wireless internet available in the open business lounge at the Springfield/Branson Airport (not just the Springfield airport anymore). I was able to get quite a bit of housecleaning and end-of-year tax paperwork along with course prep done yesterday.

When I called in yesterday, they booked me on the 5:30 flight and then I called last night when I saw that the 10:39am flight had reappeared on delta.com and Mark - the extremely helpful gate agent - booked me on the earlier one and also left me on the 5:30 flight just in case. I called at 6:15 am (before I left home) to make sure there was still a possibility I could fly out.

I was interviewed about how the delays affected me but also had the chance to tell the airport public relations director how well the gate agent at Delta Connection took care of passengers and did all he could do that was within his power to do.

It will be great to see my godmother/aunt and assorted cousins - both first and second (if my cousins' children are my 2nd cousins, that is) and get recharged for the new year. I will be home a few days and then head off to the AHA and a few days after I return from that the new academic year will begin - full speed ahead.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]