Saturday, January 29, 2005

Glorious Winter

Although driving home in it late yesterday afternoon wasn't much fun (and the granite scraps I'd collected in the back end surely helped stabilize the back half of the vehicle), it was a beautiful morning. About 1 and a half inches of snow. It's already melting and is not quite as pretty but that also means that the roads will be clear to move around later today. Am doing mundane things like catching up on laundry.

We meet our 35 teacher participants for our newest Teaching American History grant on Thursday. I'm really excited about not only meeting them but hearing our speaker, Dr. Robert Rook, speak about the new global history emphasis in the state standards.

I need to get the teaching history blog over at Typepad "caught up" - my Type-A need to have everything in exact order means that not having pictures for one meeting results in not having any published since this summer. But I should be able to catch up on a variety of tasks like that this February.

Am mainly concentrating on enjoying the work that I love and also taking some time out for family and friends. Marcia and I went to see The Aviator yesterday (luckily before the bad weather would have prevented it) and had fun catching up. Her middle daughter is a budding historian and doing a History Day project on Emma Goldman.

I'm preparing some materials on the 1910s for my class tomorrow night. In the afternoon class, the teacher candidates (that is the official term now, not students) will begin exploring lesson plans. I have one student teacher who started a few weeks early since she is expecting in late April and so will try to go out and see her in the next week or so.

I'm also thankful that no major flu downtimes have hit me either in December or January - a few days of not quite feeling up to snuff but I consider myself lucky - esp. since I am around so many different groups of people.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]