Saturday, March 05, 2005

Another Death

I had heard about a hunting accident near Webb City last fall but didn't pay much attention since I didn't recognize the names they mentioned. The other day on TV I heard them mention a benefit for Mike Boyer's family and that he had been killed in a hunting accident. He was a student at Webb City High School when I student taught and was a great swimmer. He had some tough times becoming an adult but was really a nice guy. I've forgotten the specifics of the accident - I think a gun went off accidentally (which means someone didn't have the trigger guard on.) He apparently died later that evening so I must have just heard the reports of the accident and not the follow-up of what happened. About 3 years ago a good friend from college died and then a serious ex-boyfriend late last summer and now this. Mike was only 35. If nothing else, it's a reminder to treasure each day and make the best of it and something I need to constantly remind myself of - don't sweat the small stuff.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]