Saturday, March 26, 2005

Learning more about Blackboard and Flash

I spent some time creating a PowerPoint presentation about Herbert Hoover for class on Monday night. (Spring break is almost over!) I had created one during the last unit but the file was too big to load in Blackboard (because of the images, I'm sure) and I just plain ran out of time to play with it.

This time, I opened it in Open Office - which has the great feature of saving PPT files as either Acrobat or Flash files. The Flash file really worked wonders. Now, I also uploaded a regular PPT file that I could use for the actual presentation in class so that it was full screen without the Blackboard software border around it. I need to play more with Open Office. I also need to look up the tutorial information from Blackboard about uploading Flash files. I also want to play with Keynote quite a bit more, too. The Mac platform and Mac-specific software is definitely more creative - and brings out your own creativity.

It's absolutely amazing how when you decide to let some burdens that never should have been all yours in the first place lift from your shoulders, how much productive energy you can free up for tasks you enjoy doing!

Am going to meet a friend for some great Italian food tonight - and some martinis!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]