Saturday, July 09, 2005

Bitch. Ph.D.: This right here is why I don't blog under my real name

Bitch. Ph.D.: This right here is why I don't blog under my real name: "This right here is why I don't blog under my real name
Shorter Chronicle of Higher Ed: blogging is dangerous because hiring committees are paranoid, conservative, and illogical. Even if you are not indiscreet on your blog, you could become so--but if you don't have a blog, you couldn't possibly start one and therefore never be indiscreet.* Publishing pseudonymous articles about your search committee deliberations in the Chronicle of Higher Ed, though, is not indiscreet.

Also, we don't want to work with people who get frustrated by traffic or who are in any way anxious or neurotic because of course we are all paragons of mental health, and it isn't in any way discriminatory to decide not to hire someone because you think they need therapy."

more great discussion of this article

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]