Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!

One of the many things I appreciate about an academic career is the "renewal" we have the opportunity of experiencing several times a year. Not only the new year we have now, but the new school year each fall.

I began working on podcasting before the year ended and, as I make some progress, I will post some links here. Audacity appears pretty easy to use with an easily downloadable plug-in to export as MP3.

It looks like the frozen pipe issue might be resolved this week. The paint needs some touch-up but I think that's easily doable - especially with no carpet down yet. I am quite amazed that my local branch of Servicemaster was able to get so much done at the end of the year when most businesses are taking off or working with skeleton crews.

The sad thing today will be taking down the Christmas tree. My favorite part is the red lighting I put on - the small lights. That comes from always having the big lights as a child. (I used to insist on Coke as a kid because Mom drank Pepsi. Now I much prefer Pepsi - go figure!). I need to get the tree out of the house not only because the trash comes today but to negate any potential fire risk while I'm gone this week. I always thought it took lights to catch the tree on fire but, according to a firefighter friend, all it takes is the dry tree and it will spontaneously combust. So better to be safe than sorry.

Later today I will head to western Kansas on my way to Colorado and New Mexico to begin work on another TAH grant project. So far, it doesn't look like there will be any weather to impede my progress.

I'm also taking the week off from student email. It's amazing how students interpret email as the campus being open and are emailing me about their frustration with such. I am also learning to set some boundaries a little better.

The rest of the morning will be spent finishing up a state grant application about which one of our teachers is really excited since he understands what the money will mean. That's a very good thing!

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]