Saturday, February 11, 2006

It's Snowing

Yeah - it's snowing. I don't think we'll get the large amount of snow expected on the east coast but I am grateful just the same. The cold weather finally came back but it's much more fun with snow - even if it's just a little bit.

It was great to get the grants done - as always. They are big projects. We're also still waiting to hear on a state history grant to interview veterans.

I've also been doing more work investigating podcasting on my other blog. Our dean of education is going to offer a workshop on blogging and his IT Director is going to come talk to me Thursday to visit about podcasting through Blackboard. I'm hoping we can figure out a way to partner with the iTunes university service as a way to make it more available to students. If you are interested in podcasting, check out my other blog.

Yesterday I attended a meeting for a Missouri TAH grant I'm evaluating and we discussed the latest 2007 budget proposal to cut TAH money by more than half. But, as a colleague pointed out, as long as each congressman/senator wants one in his district, there is jsut as good a chance the money will be restored.

Yesterday the dept. met with a VPAA candidate that is also a historian. We have an interesting group of candidates both internal and external. I only wish we were allowed to conduct truly national searches for our department. While our current VPAA stresses recruitment, it's very difficult when they don't support or even allow us to interview at the AHA or the OAH. Many serious candidates won't consider us if we don't consider that important.

The last two Saturdays I've been at meetings several hours from home so I am enjoying a somewhat relaxed day - relaxing except that I have to plan for courses and catch up on grading. I had to remind online students that if they have two weeks to do an assignment, the instructor has two weeks to grade it.

I'm wishing Blogenspiel luck on her job search. Been there, done that. :-)

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]