Thursday, August 03, 2006

Madison

I enjoyed the drive through the nation's dairy heartland on I-94 yesterday. The drive through different sections of Madison along 151 were also insightful. My colleagues arrived shortly after I did and we ate some okay German food for dinner. We're doing "mini meals" tonight and fancy tomorrow.

The conference has gone well - lots of opportunities for networking. Plus, there aren't normally popcorn and fudgsicle breaks at history conferences. :-)

It's wonderful to be in a group that is ALWAYS thinking outside the box and looking for new and better ways to do something - including enhancing student learning and our own teaching.

I'm a presentation now about mobile technology and how it's changing what we are doing. Even the least economically able of my students have a cell phone. In that vein, I'm trying to think of a way to help students understand what it used to mean to only have one phone in the house (with NO call waiting) and to "wait around for a phone call".

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]