Friday, October 20, 2006

Friday morning

Where did the week go? I'm almost done with the federal reports for several history grants and a state grant. I helped a colleague conduct her first teacher workshop yesterday on economics and state standards. We based it on the T-Shirt in a Global Economy book and I think it went well. She suffered from a common problem of first-time presenters - trying to cover everything in one day as well as underestimating what she had to offer teachers.

BTW, NPR also has some great stuff related to this book.

Today I will finish with work and then start getting ready for the biggest festival in my hometown. Dad will be riding in the lead car as mayor. He was quite excited he made both USA Today and the AP feed on Wednesday for a quote he made about the "Whee" bridge that we always had to take to Dairy Queen when I was a kid.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]