Saturday, March 03, 2007

Day 3 at Michigan State

Today was spent being out and about so that the hotel staff and the carpet cleaners could get in the room. We explored Grand River Avenue and ate some Chinese food for lunch. I bought some things at Target and at two of the MSU Bookstores. I missed the opportunity to browse all of the textbooks given that school bookstores are turning around inventory this early in the semester in order to incorporate more of the used market.

I slept in and emailed some friends this morning. One of our afternoon stops was at the local "party store" where I stocked up on Michigan-produced products. My only lack of success was in finding Dr. Pepper - all the once grocery store had left was DP Cherry Vanilla - not quite the same as the real DP. So maybe tomorrow. In the meantime, there's a Pepsi machine in the complex and that comes in a close second and still has caffeine.

I'm almost feeling back to normal and should have a good day tomorrow finishing up on several grants. The international dinner was interesting - more restaurant food than homemade but I did find enough to fill me up.

I explored some ed policy issues online tonight. I wish the internet had been around when I was a kid. I remember scouring the coloring books shelves at May's Drug to find workbooks - I always loved schoolwork.

It's still snowing - which is quite wonderful.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]