Monday, June 11, 2007

Tornadoes and Rain

I'm very appreciative of not having any actual tornadoes touch down any closer than ten miles away over the last few days. Yesterday I apparently made it home just in time not to be driving through the dangerous path of potential tornadoes and straight line winds. The rain has now even overwhelmed my sump pump and I will have to keep an eye out on how to get to the airport on the other side of Kansas City today given that the Weather Channel mentioned that even Highway 71 in Missouri was flooded and closed in some places.

I'm sure in August that we will be praying for rain. Hopefully it will clear up enough for me to clean the gutter out again - I think maybe some birds' nests have clogged it up. I love the birds in the window in front of my office but I know the gutters need to do their thing.

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]