Monday, August 20, 2007

Two Days in Casper

The last few days of vacation involved driving through Yellowstone and Grand Tetons National Parks and then across some very interesting terrain I hadn't seen before in Wyoming as I headed to Casper. I had been to Jackson on a train trip so I detoured about 30 miles to visit the town and eat some Mexican food for lunch and gather up some great bakery items.

Casper was enjoyable and a good way to rest up for the last two legs home. One of the highlights of the trip was the Bureau of Land Management's National Historic Trails Interpretive Site. It was simply outstanding in its interactivity and the staff went out of it's way to greet and talk to visitors and make sure they had access to all the features of the site.

I also found a neat walking/biking trail - although it took until the second day to find the pretty longer part of it.

I then made it to Hays, Kansas, for the night. It's become quite the growing metropolis since I last was there about 3 years ago. I stopped by FHSU and then headed to Wichita for some Vietnamese food for lunch. I found an E85 station right by my hotel (right under my nose again) in Hays. I finally made it home by dinner time on Wednesday in time to go to opening meetings on Thursday. It was great seeing everyone at PSU - especially the folks I don't always get to see during the year since we're all in different buildings going different directions. It really doesn't seem like I was gone for a year on sabbatical.

I'll meet students in the teaching and seminar courses this afternoon and this evening.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]