Monday, August 13, 2007

Two Days in Helena and a Day in Bozeman

The end point of my travels west was Helena, Montana, where has a condo. She is a native of eastern Montana and wrote her dissertation on the redlight district of Helena. She shared lots of interesting stories about the area and the state museum was quite interesting - especially the recent food supply.
http://www.blogger.com/img/gl.link.gif
She treated me to a great dinner at the Silver Star. And I highly recommend the Great Northern Hotel. Don't let the Best Western affiliation throw you - it was by far the nicest of all of the pet-friendly accommodations I've stayed in during this trip. Too bad it was the one in which I spent the least amount of time.

After a few days in Helena, I drove back toward Bozeman to spend the night. The only miscalculation was that the Montana State University Bookstore would be closed on a Saturday and Sunday since school isn't in session. It was an interesting drive through the campus, however.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]