Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Amarillo then Ice Storm

I drove through Oklahoma's worst ice storm in a century yesterday without even realizing it. I thought I would drive out of it but my information was old. Mom had let me know they were also expecting the storm but my cell didn't register that message or call until I arrived at the farm last night. I talked to Mom Saturday to let her know I'd made it to Amarillo but she apparently didn't realize I didn't get her message or I would have driven further that night.

Someone was looking out for me because I didn't even slide on any of the overpasses or bridges. This was the first time I had driven the Tahoe in bad weather and, if yesterday as any indication, it is much more stable than the Explorer - even if I still envy those who have the new burgundy colored Explorers.

My town's electricity was still partly out and I was pleasantly surprised to see that I had electricity at the farm - even if it meant I couldn't see if the generator had kicked on given that last year I didn't have it operating properly. I may be back out here tonight if the electricity isn't restored in town. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's almost all back on in Carthage so that I can not only check on Mom and Dad but get my hair taken care of. This ice storm wasn't in the schedule!

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]