Sunday, June 01, 2008

KC Power and Light District

Last night's dinner and stay in the Kansas City Power and Light District was fun. Great weather and fun walking around last night and this morning.

I arrived at the airport early (!!) and so I stopped at Zona Rosa to pick up a few items - including quart size ziploc bags since I had figured out I had reduced my load for a one-night stay down to a manageable carry-on on - although I wish I would have brought my pull behind instead. Oh well. It will be great not having to wait for luggage on the other end - but especially when I arrive home tomorrow evening - it might save me as much as half an hour getting out of here.

The plane is here - which is always a good things. We'll be a few minutes late getting off the ground but will probably make it up in flight time. It will be fun to walk around downtown without having to carrying anything after I check into the hotel. I'm still trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight. And walking the DC Mall area before it gets too hot this summer will also be fun.

Chicago with the teachers will be fun next month but I think the highlight will be NYC in July. And, I'll enjoy the drive to Madison in early July. I already have an inexpensive guest spot on the way up and on the way back. . . . although the way back does include my goddaughter.

I hated leaving Molly yesterday but I'm sure she will be fine.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]