Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Wall

I hit the proverbial wall with work stresses yesterday and I'm finally learning, now that I'm in my 40s, that I need to pay more attention when that happens if I don't want to pay much more dearly with my health later. I primarily need to start learning to say no. So many other academics are able to protect their intended course of action and I need to keep improving those particular skills instead of being pulled into things I don't really want to do in the first place and, furthermore, don't do anything to advance either my career or the checks arriving in the mail. I'm more than productive and need to preserve my own sanity.

Student teacher observations and classes went well yesterday. Now for the inevitable grading.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]