Saturday, January 24, 2009

Saturday

Winter is back and the semester is rolling. I'll meet students teachers who are out in the field on campus this week. And grant writing is going on in earnest as the deadline approaches in early March. I have a couple of fun outings planned for later today - seeing old friends and new friends.

Spending more than a night or two earlier in the week at the farm was great therapy to get my head on straight for the semester. I kept the fire going and did some cooking, too. The deer were everywhere most days and, of course, the armadillos was back out and about at night when no one was around to help shoot it.

I have a feeling that this semester will go even faster than last semester.

There are two meetings in DC (one includes Baltimore), a conference in Seattle, and a trip to Albuquerque. And of course, I can't go to Albuquerque without going to Santa Fe. Then, summer brings Boston and other Kansas towns. All in all, engaging opportunities and seeing old friends/colleagues and the opportunity to meet new ones.

I still keep trying to figure out how to get it all done. I think an assistant might help but that is only a fantasy.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]