Thursday, March 19, 2009

Facebook

One the main reasons I've spent less time here, or at least less time lately, is the time I'm spending at Facebook instead. FB is obviously much more interactive even if, at times, it is TMI. I guess I know I am asking for the potential for TMI if I read someone's blog and I should accept that same premise about all of my friends all at once when I go to Facebook.

If you're a blogger, I'd be interested to know if you are also on Facebook and what your thoughts are.

It's put me in touch with some friends and classmates from the past. That's been both a good thing and, in at least one case, a somewhat scary thing. I have enough of scary with my a real life person in my own past to add to it with Facebook. It also may just be inherent to the exponentially 2.0 world of the internet today.

I was hoping to get more out of LinkedIn but that may be lacking due to the lack of ivory tower types there. But I do still see potential there.

And, of course, Facebook also provides yet another way to waste time online. I'll be interested to see if usage goes down during the warm weather months or if there is just most status updating via Blackberry instead.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]