Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rounding the Bend

With a late Thanksgiving, the end of the semester is even closer. I was able to catch up on grading before the holiday. That was a wonderful feeling. Yesterday, I was able to not only download one class of assignments that had been turned in when they returned (they had time to do it BEFORE the holiday! ;-) )and even get it graded. Today, I just have to post the grades and return the papers with the "tracked changes". I also took care of some administrative paperwork I will follow up on with the department chair this afternoon. We have our annual division meeting with the provost and president and it should be interesting given all that has happened in the last year.

I'll do some more grading in my other classes this afternoon. And, hopefully, I can also get a head start on two other deadlines - getting courses ready for next semester and my annual performance report. I won't sweat the latter as much as usual given that last spring meant a huge downturn given my dealing with losing Mom. I am going to cut myself some slack. Plus, I doubt we get any raises for performance anyway.

I'm getting fired up about some writing projects and also a new curriculum consulting project. I love designing curriculum - sometimes even more than implementing it. And incorporating primary sources, flexibility, ELL strategies, and assessments will be fun - especially working with the person asking me to submit the proposal. Plus, I will spend quite a bit of the holiday break catching up on other writing projects I've had my eye on.

Hope your week is off to a good start.

Labels: , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]